There are different kinds of weapons charges:
- assault with a deadly weapon
- use of a weapon while committing another crime
- possession of an instrument of crime
- possession of an offensive weapon
- possession of firearms or explosive devices
Weapon offenses in Pennsylvania often involve mandatory jail sentences. Weapons charges are often a result of a police search and seizure. Many times the police will violate a person’s constitutional rights when taking a weapon from them. The best way to combat these harsh penalties is to hire an attorney who is able to expose the illegal actions of arresting officers.
Call us today at ThePhillyLawyers. We can help you fight these charges and protect your rights.